- Guest Editorial: John Causey Editor’s note from Kip McKean: First and foremost, I hold John Causey to be a very dear brother and friend. So it gives me unfathomable joy to share with you that John and Emma Causey officially placed membership in the City of Angels ICC on April 9, 2017, thus joining ... [read more]
Mission Impossible: Prayer Goals for 2017
“For nothing is impossible with God.” – Luke 1:37
In 1996, most of us who were old enough to watch movies enjoyed “Mission Impossible”, the box office hit starring Tom Cruise as CIA Operative Ethan Hunt. Ethan Hunt was a reckless agent, who was given all missions considered to be impossible by the agency.
The producers of this movie went on to make four more movies with the same title – all of which contained some of of the most breathtaking stunts and action scenes among movies of its genre! Their box office success can be attributed simply to their ability to tap into the most primitive of human desires – which is, to see things that are impossible, become possible!
Movie directors certainly have the ability to do things on film that are impossible in real life – thanks to camera tricks, stunt men, and an ever evolving array of computerized graphics and special effects! Try as they might, even the best Hollywood movie directors cannot do what only God can – to make the impossible happen in real life!
“Nothing Is Impossible With God” is the overall theme for 2017 in the Sold-Out Movement of Churches. To capture the heart of this theme, as well as to add an aggressive flair, the Metro Manila International Christian Church’s theme for 2017 will be “Mission Impossible”! But before we talk about the impossible we hope to see God do this year, let’s take a moment to consider what God has already done since our Inaugural Service on June 15, 2015.
The Metro Manila International Christian Church started off with a bang, as 58 disciples had an attendance of 306 at our Inaugural Service! God has continued to bless our church since then, as there have been 269 additions in the last 18 months – 213 baptisms, 45 restorations, and 11 placed memberships – which more than quadruples our original number! Also of note, almost all of our placed memberships and restorations have come directly from our former fellowship seeking revival. There has been such diversity in those who have been baptized, from nationality, to age, to status in life. God is truly creating an international fellowship for all ages that will enable us to win all of Metro Manila. Most incredible, however, are the amazing stories of God radically changing each person’s life as he called all of them out of darkness into his wonderful light!
Equally as exciting was the establishment of the International College of Christian Ministries, which just completed its second semester with 44 students currently enrolled. With the many hours of training and discipling already being poured into them, we believe this school will provide additional academic training to better equip our future Evangelists and Women’s Ministry Leaders, which in time will lead to an evangelized world!
Also, we hosted our first ever Austral-Pac Rim Missions Conference – Heroes, which was held last June at the Makati Diamond Hotel. Disciples from around the world attended not only an amazing conference, but also an unforgettable Day of Mercy at Associacion De Damas Filipinas. Most encouraging however, was the appointment of two Evangelists – John Malnegro and Zach Shields respectively, along with their incredible wives, Anna Malnegro and Ariel Shields, who were appointed as Women’s Ministry Leaders!
Lastly, with a goal of raising 1.1 million pesos that will go toward our first mission’s planting of the Metro Cebu International Christian Church this coming August, the church responded by blowing out our original goal, raising over 1.2 million pesos! Truly, we serve an amazing God!
After meditating on this year’s theme, “Mission Impossible”, the MMICC leadership sets before the church our following prayer goals for 2017:
1) “Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop-thirty, sixty or even a hundred times what was sown.” (Mark 4:20) The Bible clearly teaches that the fourth and only good heart the word of God can fall on, will multiply itself over and over again within a lifetime! Therefore, multiplication is not only the plan, but also the minimum expectation of God! This year, our growth goals are simple – we plan to minimally multiply! We will call every disciple to make a disciple, every Bible Talk Leader to make a Bible Talk Leader, every Bible Talk to make a Bible Talk, every Region Leader to make another Region Leader, and every region to make a region! This would in turn produce multiplication!
2) “And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others. (2 Timothy 2:2) As we look ahead to our future plans of multiplying regions in Metro Manila, as well as planting churches in Cebu, the rest of the Philippines, and all over South-East Asia, there is an ever-increasing need for Evangelists and Women’s Ministry Leaders to be raised up and appointed. It is our prayer goal that this year, we as a congregation could appoint two new Evangelists and two new Women’s Ministry Leaders!
3) “Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.” (2 Corinthians 9:6) Our little congregation currently gives an average of about 75,000 pesos weekly, but in order to meet the demands of an ever growing congregation along with accomplishing our faith goals, we will be praying that by February of 2017, each disciple will participate in a pledge drive to collectively increase our weekly contribution to 90,000 pesos. We will also be having a 15x Special Missions Contribution in December to not only continue funding the Metro Cebu International Christian Church planting, but to also keep with our goal of planting a church in Davao in 2018!
4) “In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish” (Matthew 18:14) It was the heart of Jesus to protect every disciple he made from the influences of Satan and this wicked world! As we are striving to build a church on the foundation of Jesus, we too must take this heart in 2017. In order to strengthen the fellowship, we will begin the training of shepherding couples in the MMICC. Starting the second quarter this year, we will begin having monthly shepherding meetings where we will train and raise up shepherds for every region!
5) “While they were worshipping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them. So after the had fasted and prayed, they placed their hands on them and sent them off.” (Acts 13:2-3) This year we are thrilled to send out our first ever church planting from the MMICC! John and Anna Malnegro have done an amazing job building the West Region and we believe they will do an equally amazing job planting the Metro Cebu International Christian Church!
6) “Whenever you hear the sound of the trumpet, join us there. Our God will fight for us!” (Nehemiah 4:20) The unity of all of the churches in the Sold-Out Movement is essential if we are to see the evangelization of the nations in this generation. To further strengthen our young church’s connection to the rest of our worldwide movement, we will be hosting the 2017 Global Leadership Conference – Victorious! This is an incredible honor considering that out of all the churches in the movement and the great cities they represent, God chose Metro Manila as the best place to host this year’s conference!!
It is humbling to think that God has chosen us to take part in his incredible plans. We know that the impossible of 2017 awaits us, now let us look to God, who makes all things possible!